24 semester hours of coursework in Islamic studies, including 18 hours of upper-division coursework. The coursework consists of
- Islamic Studies 310, Introduction to Islam
- Three semester hours chosen from Islamic Studies 311 (Topic 2: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam: An Introduction); Religious Studies 305, Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion; Religious Studies 310, Introduction to the Study of Religion
- Nine semester hours in Islamic Studies 340, Topics in Islam
- Six semester hours in Islamic Studies 372, Topics in Islamic Cultures
- Three additional semester hours of upper-division coursework in Islamic studies
Students must complete the equivalent of at least two years in Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Urdu, or Yoruba. Credit used to fulfill this requirement may also be used to fulfill the foreign language requirement.