Human ecology majors must complete thirty semester hours of coursework in the School of Human Ecology, including at least fifteen hours of upper-division coursework and at least six hours chosen from each of the following areas:
- Human Development and Family Sciences 304, 312, 313, 113L, 315L, 322, and 337;
- Nutrition 306, 307, 107L, 312 or 312H, 112L, 315, 316, 218, 118L, 326 and 126L, 321, 331, 332, and 338W or 338H;
- Textiles and Apparel 205, 105L, 316Q, 219C and 119L, 325L, and 325M
Additionally, students must complete the following coursework with a grade of at least C- in each course:
- Mathematics 408N or the equivalent;
- Statistics and Data Sciences 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, or 325H;
- Please complete one of these sequences:
- two to four additional hours in astronomy, biology, chemistry, computer science, geological sciences, mathematics, and/or physics. Courses designed for non-science majors may not be counted toward this requirement. This coursework also meets the core curriculum mathematics and science and technology requirements.
Students must earn a grade of at least C- in each mathematics and science course required for the degree, and a University grade point average in these courses of at least 2.00.
To develop a meaningful and coherent degree program, the student should select courses with the assistance of faculty and academic advisers.