Option III: Hydrogeology
- Mathematics 408C and 408D, or 408K, 408L, and 408M; and 427K. Mathematics 408C or 408K also meets the mathematics requirement of the core curriculum. Algebra courses at the level of Mathematics 301 or the equivalent may not be counted toward the total number of semester hours required for the degree.
- Physics 301, 101L, 316, and 116L; or 303K, 103M, 303L, and 103N.
- Chemistry 301, 302, and 204.
- Biology 311C. Together, the courses that meet requirements 2 and 3 also meet parts I and II of the science and technology requirement of the core curriculum; Biology 311C may also be used to meet part II of that requirement.
- The following coursework in geological sciences:
- Geological Sciences 401 or 303, 416K, 416M, 420K, 428, 476K, 476M, and 376S
- Six semester hours of field experience which must include Geological Sciences 376L and three additional hours selected from one of the following: Geological Sciences 660A, 660B
, or 679J, or other appropriate course approved in advance by the Jackson School of Geoscience (JSG) Student Services Office.
- Three upper-division semester hours in hydrogeology or a related area, chosen from Geological Sciences 325K, 376E, 377P, 327G, or other approved course
- Nine additional semester hours of upper-division coursework in geological sciences.
- Six semester hours chosen from a list of approved courses in biology, chemistry, civil engineering, geography, marine science, mathematics, mechanical engineering, and petroleum and geosystems engineering. A list of approved courses is available in the JSG Student Services Office.
This requirement is intended to function as an unspecified minor. Courses used to fulfill the requirement do not have to be taken in the same field of study, but they should form a self-reinforcing sequence related to geological sciences. Courses not on the list of approved courses will be considered upon petition to the JSG Student Services Office.
- Enough additional coursework to make a total of 126 semester hours.
What Starts Here Changes the World