Skip to Content

This is an archived copy of the 2013-14 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit

Correspondence Work by Resident Students

Correspondence courses are not intended to be taken by students enrolled in residence except in unusual circumstances. A student who enrolls at the University must drop any correspondence work in progress or obtain the approval of his or her academic dean to continue the correspondence work.

A student enrolled in residence must have the prior approval of his or her dean to count correspondence work toward degree requirements. Correspondence courses taken from the University of Texas at Austin and used toward a degree at the University are subject to the same pass/fail rules that apply to courses taken in residence; information about pass/fail registration is given in Symbols CR and NC, Pass/Fail .

What Starts Here Changes the World