Skip to Content

This is an archived copy of the 2013-14 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit

Personal Record Information

Name change. The University maintains educational records under the student’s full, legal name. Official documents such as diplomas and transcripts will not be issued bearing any other name.

Currently enrolled and former students may change the name on their permanent academic record by presenting an original or certified copy of the appropriate documentation to the registrar. In addition, students may be asked to present a notarized copy of their request. To change the first, middle, last name, suffix, or sequence of names the student must present an original or certified copy of one of the following:  government issued ID such as driver's license, state ID card, valid passport, or military ID; birth certificate, marriage certificate or official documentation of common law marriage; court order (must show change to new name); or divorce decree (must show change to new name). The registrar may request additional documentation if necessary.

Change of address, telephone number, or e-mail address. The student must give correct local and permanent postal addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail address to the Office of the Registrar and to the office(s) of the student’s dean(s) and must notify these offices immediately of any changes. Official correspondence is sent to the postal or e-mail address last given to the registrar; if the student has failed to correct this address, he or she will not be relieved of responsibility on the grounds that the correspondence was not delivered.

What Starts Here Changes the World