Personal Record Information

Name change

The University maintains educational records under the student’s full, legal name. Official documents such as transcripts will not be issued bearing any other name.

Currently enrolled and former students may change the name on their permanent academic record by presenting an original or certified copy of the appropriate documentation to the registrar. In addition, students may be asked to present a notarized copy of their request. To change the first, middle, last name, suffix, or sequence of names the student must present an original or certified copy of one of the following: government issued ID (US only), such as driver's license; valid passport (any country); signed certificate of naturalization; original or certified copy of birth certificate (US only), marriage certificate; court order (must show change to new name); or divorce decree (must show change to new name). The registrar may request additional documentation if necessary.

Change of address, telephone number, or e-mail address

The student must give the correct local and permanent postal addresses, telephone number(s), and e-mail address to the Office of the Registrar and to the office(s) of the student’s dean(s) and must notify these offices immediately of any changes. Official correspondence is sent to the postal or e-mail address last given to the registrar; if the student has failed to correct this address, the student will not be relieved of responsibility on the grounds that the correspondence was not delivered.