Professional success for law students starts at the Career Services Office (CSO). Beginning with guided support during their first year, and throughout their second and third years, the CSO’s experienced career counselors (each a licensed attorney) can assist students seeking jobs in their field of interest. Whether students are interested in working at a large, midsize or small firm; serving in a public service policy or advocacy position; or working in the courts or for a corporation, our CSO staff are here to help students and recent grads achieve their career goals and enhance their professional development.
- An exclusive job bank annually listing more than 1,500 positions
- On-campus and virtual interviews each fall and spring
- Public Service Career Fair & Public Service Expo
- Off-campus interview programs throughout the U.S.
- On- and off-campus networking opportunities
- Texas Law Professional Development Institute
- Texas Law 1L Law Firm Recruiting Program
- Mock Interview Programs
- Career exploration panels with industry experts
- How to apply to Big Law, Small to Midsize Firm, Judicial Internships & Clerkships, Public service fellowship and more
- Peer-to-peer employer insights
- One-on-one career counseling
- Résumé and cover letter workshops and handbooks
- Skills-building workshops
- Interviewing, networking, and etiquette tips, and many more resources.
For more information, visit us online at https://law.utexas.edu/career/.