Professional success for law students starts at the Career Services Office (CSO). Beginning with guided support during their first year, and throughout their second and third years, the CSO’s experienced career counselors (each a licensed attorney) assist students seeking jobs in their field of interest. Whether students are interested in working at a large, midsize or small firm; serving in a public service policy or advocacy position; or working in the courts or corporations, our staff are here to help students and recent grads achieve their career goals and enhance their professional development.
Resources the CSO offers include:
- An extensive job bank listing more than 1,500 positions each year
- Fall and Spring On-Campus Interviews
- Public Service Career Fair & Expo
- Off-campus interview programs throughout the U.S.
- On- and off-campus networking opportunities
- Texas Law Professional Development Institute
- Texas Law 1L Law Firm Recruiting Program
- Mock Interview Programs
- Career exploration panels with industry experts
- Public service fellowship and honors programs
- Judicial internship and clerkship programs
- Peer-to-peer employer insights
- One-on-one career counseling
- Résumé and cover letter workshops and handbooks
- Skills-building workshops
- Weekly email announcements and job blasts
- Interviewing, networking, and etiquette tips, and many more resources.
For more information, visit us online at https://law.utexas.edu/career/.