Withdrawal from the University

Dropping an entire course load constitutes withdrawal from the University for that semester.

To withdraw from the Graduate School, a student must file with the graduate dean a withdrawal petition, a form that also explains refund policies. The student may withdraw through the last class day of the semester. If the student abandons their courses without withdrawing, the instructor in each class determines what grade should be recorded.

Students in a warning status because of failure to maintain a grade point average of at least 3.00 may not withdraw without a petition from the graduate adviser and the approval of the graduate dean.

A student may not be employed in an academic position beyond the last date of his or her enrollment. Students must end their academic appointments prior to withdrawing.