Nine months of the third year will be reserved for the Innovation, Leadership and Discovery Block. During this block, students will pursue a dual master's degree or select one of the areas of distinction: clinical/translational research, population health, or design and innovation in health care. Students will continue their longitudinal Primary Care, Family, and Community Medicine clerkship and will have the opportunity to enroll in two four-week clinical electives to maintain their clinical acumen and explore career interests. Students also continue to meet monthly in the longitudinal clinical skills and interprofessional education courses and periodically for leadership practice. Students also take USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK and CS. Students complete a week-long clinical skills immersion at the end of this year to prime them for the MS 4 year.
- Independent Study or Dual-Degree Courses (Thirty-six Weeks)
- Clinical Electives or Vacation (Eight Weeks)
- Developing Outstanding Clinical Skills
- Interprofessional Education
- Primary Care, Family, and Community Medicine Clerkship