All graduate students are expected to enroll and pay tuition by the twelfth class day of the fall semester and the spring semester of each academic year until they graduate. A student who does not do so must apply for readmission in order to return to the University. The student must submit an Application for Readmission to the Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC) by the deadline given in the General Information section of the General Information Catalog and must pay the application fee. The fee is waived if the student has received an official leave of absence as described in Continuous Registration. Students must also obtain the approval of the graduate advisor in the program in which they were last enrolled. Readmission to a graduate program is not guaranteed. Former graduate students who were in good standing when they left the University are not required to submit official transcripts unless they are requested by the student’s graduate program.

To change to a different major, the student must submit an Application for Admission to Another Graduate Major to the Graduate School, as described on the Application to Another Graduate Major (Change of Major) page.