Businesses are generating and collecting a massive amount of data from both business transactions and user generated data. Students who graduate with a degree in Business Analytics will be prepared to leverage statistical analysis, data mining, natural language processing, optimization, and machine learning to provide practical recommendations to improve business results in a wide variety of areas, including finance, marketing and supply chain management. They will also understand the ethical issues surrounding the design, development, and use of these technologies.
The business analytics major prepares students to frame and solve business problems using data analysis, predictive modeling, and optimization techniques. Business analytics majors become leaders/managers who can analyze facts and collaborate with others to drive decision making.
The requirements of this program are:
- The Core Curriculum requirements and the BBA Degree Requirements
- Business Analytics 305, Programming for Data Analytics,
- Business Analytics 327, Data Management,
- Business Analytics 357, Predictive Analytics,
- Business Analytics 358, Optimization Methods and Decision Making,
- Business Analytics 375, Business Analytics in Practice (may fulfill the writing and independent inquiry flags)
- Six additional semester hours of upper-division coursework in business analytics chosen from the following courses: Business Analytics 365, 366, 367, 368, 338, 360, 362, 372 (Topic 2: Predictive Analytics and Data Mining), 372 (Topic 4: User Generated Content Analytics), 372 (Topic 5: Financial Technology),372 (Topic 6:Optimization Methods in Finance), 372 (Topic 7: People Analytics), 372 (Topics 8: Pricing and Channels), 372 (Topic 9: Data Analytics for Marketing), 372 (Topic 10: Data Driven Marketing), 372 (Topic 16: Supply Chain Analytics), 372 (Topic 17: Health Care Analytics), 372 (Topic 21: Time Series Forecasting), 372 (Topic 23: Social Media Analytics).
- Additional elective coursework, if necessary, to provide a total of at least 120 semester hours