Visiting Status at Another Law School

A student enrolled in the School of Law may apply to the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs to attend another law school and to transfer credit earned at that school toward a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree. The student must have approval to transfer the credit before attending the other school. Approval of the request is entirely at the assistant dean's discretion. The assistant dean will consider the request only (1) if the student seeks to transfer credit from a school that is an AALS member and is approved by the ABA; (2) if the student shows good cause for requesting the transfer of credit; and (3) if the assistant dean approves the courses for which the student seeks to receive transfer credit. All advanced required courses must be taken in residence at the School of Law, except in extenuating circumstances and with the approval of the assistant dean. The student must earn a grade of at least C for a course to be transferred; the course may not be taken on the pass/fail basis. The symbol CR is recorded for all transferred work. The amount of credit transferred may not exceed the maximum amount of credit that an upper-level law student may earn during one year's study.